Wednesday, January 19, 2011

boys to Men


"1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

I am Jastin Artis, first time blogger. I am a Christian Recording Artist in Wilmington, NC. As my first blog I just want to take time to enlighten you, the man, of what this blog will be about and praying it elevates you. As an artist, I am the bridge from where you are to where you want to be and I intend to do the same through this blog but directed for men; specifically the younger generation.

Please, take in consideration I am no expert in what is a perfect man, however, I feel strongly about elevating a man and how to be better; not only for ourselves but for the ones we love. Men the scripture above states "when I was a child"; I'm sure most of you reading this are no longer a child, right? So I cannot help but ask why do we still act, live, speak, and dress as a child? Even as a Hip-Hop Renaissance artist my love in hip-hop is and always will be my first love, although, I have realized years ago hip-hop is knocking on the door to the age of 30 like the police. There is no way to run from that but we still are acting as if we were in the 80's or early 90's when everything was about fun and being the best at what you did but with respect. I'm not saying not to explore fun or not have fun at all but when will we act our age? When will hip-hop become that big brother Jay-Z is to Kanye?

Thus, my conclusion; men stop living like you still live with moms and she dresses you, cooks for you, and gives you lunch money. Even if you do live with moms, be accountable for your actions, be assertive, and be a doer!!! Be A Man, Elevated.

Until next week gentlemen,

Peace and Love.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that elevation in a man is of the upmost importance! God made men to be the head but somewhere down the line several of them have become weak and falling behind. I encourage you man of God to continue the work that has been assigned to your hands.

    Fellas, I would like to add that pants below your waist line is NOT COOL, walking around with no job is NOT COOL, falling into the status quo of what the statistics state about you is NOT COOL!!!

    I never understood the concept of doing the wrong things to people because they were done to you!! For example if you grew up with the pain of not having your father in your life, why would you have a child and leave them without a father? From a female perspective, women like men who are confident in who they are and what they stand for, and that will provide security for the future.

    I know that the economy is still not in tip top shape but you can still make an effort to better yourselves. Are you willing to dig ditches to take care of your responsibility? If not maybe you should reconsider your postion. For the guys that are doing it everyday and holding it down KUDOS to you, we appreciate your hard work, and the stand that you are taking in the community to help the younger generation grab ahold of these principles!!

    The only way you fail is if you give up on yourself, it is never too late for a self improvement, you always have a chance to rebuild!!!

    -Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shaun. Agreed. I may write my next blog on what you so eloquently wrote about above.

    Peace and Love,

    J

    ReplyDelete